This Outdoor Play-dough Invitation to Create is so simple to set-up! Open-ended play ideas are a great way for kids to get creative, use their imagination and play with what’s available.
What are Invitation to Create activities?
Well, it’s super simple! They’re low-key activities, usually quick to prep, that require a variety of “one-theme” materials. Arranging the materials so they’re all visible helps children use their imagination and come up with creative ideas.
You might also like these creative play ideas!
Materials for Outdoor Play-dough Invitation to Create:
(this list contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! See Full Disclosure)
- Tray with seperations
- Play-dough (ECO-Kids Dough is our favorite!)
- Twigs, leaves, flowers, any nature treasures you can find!
Place play-dough in the middle of the tray and arrange all of the nature treasures around the play-dough. That’s it!
WATCH OUR FUN CREATIVE PLAY ACTIVITY!
What is my child learning and improving?
- Creativity + Imagination (kids have great imagination and are full of creativity and this activity provokes them to express their creativity as well as use their imagination)
- Fine motor skills (grasping, holding, picking up small pieces of grass, flowers, twigs, etc.)
- Independency (this activity will keep little ones busy for a while, also making this activity perfect for quiet times, time-outs or if you need to some things around the house while the kids stay busy)
- Focus + Concentration (having only a certain availability of materials kids are able to use, keeps their mind focused instead of making their interests scattered)
MAKE THIS INVITATION TO CREATE ACTIVITY WITH YOUR KIDS!