This Outdoor Play-dough Invitation to Create is so simple to set-up! Open-ended play ideas are a great way for kids to get creative, use their imagination and play with what’s available.
What are Invitation to Create activities?
Well, it’s super simple! They’re low-key activities, usually quick to prep, that require a variety of “one-theme” materials. Arranging the materials so they’re all visible helps children use their imagination and come up with creative ideas.
You might also like these creative play ideas!
(this list contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! See Full Disclosure)
- Tray with seperations
- Play-dough (ECO-Kids Dough is our favorite!)
- Twigs, leaves, flowers, any nature treasures you can find!
Place play-dough in the middle of the tray and arrange all of the nature treasures around the play-dough. That’s it!
WATCH OUR FUN CREATIVE PLAY ACTIVITY!
What is my child learning and improving?
- Creativity + Imagination (kids have great imagination and are full of creativity and this activity provokes them to express their creativity as well as use their imagination)
- Fine motor skills (grasping, holding, picking up small pieces of grass, flowers, twigs, etc.)
- Independency (this activity will keep little ones busy for a while, also making this activity perfect for quiet times, time-outs or if you need to some things around the house while the kids stay busy)
- Focus + Concentration (having only a certain availability of materials kids are able to use, keeps their mind focused instead of making their interests scattered)
MAKE THIS INVITATION TO CREATE ACTIVITY WITH YOUR KIDS!