This Doily Pineapples Craft is PERFECT for summer days! Brightly colored (and totally yummy looking), these pineapples are made out of painted doilies, making this activity a super unique and fun one!
We did this craft with kiddos the other day and they fell in love with their finished baby doily pineapples! They had lots of fun in the process, of course, painting the doilies with yellows and bits of brown and orange as well as using the large foam brushes. Once dried, they hung them up in their room for some spectacular summer decor!
You might enjoy these summer activity ideas too!
- Addition Hop Scotch
- Outdoor Play-dough Invitation to Create
- Plastic Bag Kites
- Portraits on Pavement
- Creative Play Sensory Tray
Materials for Doily Pineapples Craft:
(this list contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! See Full Disclosure)
- Small doilies (about 3 inches in diameter or you can of course use large doilies as well)
- Washable kids paint (we like Crayola brand)
- Foam brushes <-these are cheap!
- Green cardstock
- Kid-safe scissors
Instructions for Doily Pineapples Craft:
Cut the doily into a pineapple shape using the kid-safe scissors. Both parents or kids can do this step. Next, using the paintbrush and washable kids paint, paint the pineapple doily and let dry a bit.While the painted pineapple is drying, create the greenery for the top. Using the pencil and green cardstock, first draw then cut out a simple spiky-type leaves. Once the doily is compeletely dry glue on the cardstock greenery to the top and let dry.
What is my child learning and improving?
- Fine motor skills (holding the scissors, pencil, paintbrush)
- Hand-eye coordination (as usual, craft require hand-eye coordination. In this craft, kids have to precisely cut the doily and also glue on the greenery, in the right spot!)
WATCH THIS FUN TODDLER AT PLAY QUICK VIDEO TUTORIAL AND SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!