Do you like simple activities for your kids? Those that don’t take much time to prep nor require fancy materials you can’t even find in store let alone at home?
This Watermelon Seed Math Problem Activity is super QUICK and EASY TO SET-UP, believe me! I prepped two sheets of these watermelons while my breakfast was cooling, not kidding! It will take you maximum 5 minutes, which is nothing for a ton of fun and learning. Plus, I’m nearly sure you have all of the materials at home already!
MORE COUNTING ACTIVITIES:
- Counting Train Using Post-It Notes – easy, fun counting activity using Post-It notes!
- Raining Hearts Counting Activity– fun, quick-prep, activity using stickers, great for fine motor skills
- Paper Plate Marble Counting Maze (Quick Tutorial)– easy paper plate counting activity with a marble!
- Bandaid Number Match– great activity for fine motor skills as kids have to peel away the bandaids.
- Number Weave– awesome activity to use up old scraps of paper and create something fun!
(simple version for my 2.5 year old!)
(this list contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! See Full Disclosure)
- Cardstock (assorted colors)
- Permanent colored markers (I use these so A LOT of my activities/crafts)
- Craft scissors
Simply cut small triangles out of the red cardstock and a bit of green for the bottom. Glue together. Using black cardstock cut small seeds out, as many as you need for the math problems. That’s it!
What is my child learning and improving?
- Fine motor skills (kids have to pick up and glue the tiny seeds onto the watermelon)
- Numbers (looking at and naming the numbers they’re working with helps kids memorize and familiarize with numbers and the way they look)
- Math (solving simple AND FUN math problems helps children learn math, like addition, subtration while staying fully interested and excited to learn the whole time)
- Great as a busy activity!
ARE YOU GOING TO DO THIS SUMMERY ACTIVITY WITH YOUR KIDS!?