This Pom-pom Caterpillars Counting Activity is a super fun and exciting counting activity for toddlers and preschoolers!
Easy to make, requiring only minimal materials. The Pom-Pom Caterpillars with help the very little ones see the numbers and count by placing the pom-poms over the empty spots on the caterpillar. Super simple, yet very affective at allowing the kids to remember each number and visually see their count.
MORE COUNTING FUN!
Materials for Pom-pom Caterpillars Counting Activity:
(this list contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! See Full Disclosure)
Using colored cardstock cut out 10 circles, glue onto white cardstock (approx. 2″ x 6″) and add a face/antennae. Then, to the side, number each card 1-10 and draw in empty circles corresponding to the number of the card. Super simple!
What is my child learning and improving?
- Numbers (familiarizing and memorizing the way each number looks)
- Counting (visually seeing each number by counting the pom-poms and adding them onto the caterpillar)
- Fine motor skills (picking up the small pom-poms)
- Hand-eye coordination (placing the “wobbly” pom-poms over the empty circles)
- Great activity for independent time, quiet time or time-outs.
TIP- Talk to your child about each number and their quantities. Ask the child to repeat each number after you and help you count together out loud. Counting out loud helps the child familiarize and memorize so much better!
Another great idea for this Pom-pom Caterpillars Counting Activity is learning colors! Talk to your child about the different colors of the pom-poms and ask them to repeat them after you.
MAKE THIS FUN Pom-pom Caterpillars Counting Activity TODAY!