Create a beautiful American Flag out of Cotton Balls!
We did this craft with our kids the other day and they absolutely loved it, so I really wanted to share it with you! My kids love using our little droppers and in this activity you’re using droppers to paint the cotton balls. So fun! Also the prep is super quick, which is always what I’m looking for!
This is a great craft for July 4th, Memorial Day or if you’re learning American history with kids. Keep reading below to see how simple the instructions are!
MORE DROPPER ACTIVITIES
(this list contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! See Full Disclosure)
- Cotton balls
- Black permanent marker
- Washable kids paint (red, white and blue)
- Cups with water
Prepare the paints by mixing half a cup of water with red washable paint, half a cup of water with blue paint and half a cup of water with white paint. Now, using the black permanent marker draw a large outline of a “wavy” American flag. Fill the flag with cotton balls by glueing each one in rows.
What is my child learning and improving?
- Creativity (kids need to use their creativity to make this flag)
- Fine motor (filling the dropper, pressing it)
- Colors (toddlers can learn these three basic colors, name each one as they paint with them)
- American flag (describe what each part of the flag means, what do stars and stripes stand for?)
TIP- talk about July 4th as you’re doing this craft. What is this holiday about, what does it mean? How do people usually celebrate it?
WATCH THIS FUN TODDLER AT PLAY QUICK VIDEO TUTORIAL
HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY! MAKE THIS CRAFT WITH YOUR KIDS THIS YEAR!