This Cardboard Window Wildflower Craft is an easy and beautiful recycled craft any one can do!
Do you have an old delivery box at home, a shoebox? Then it’s time to get creative!
My kids and I came up with this right before heading outdoors for our morning outdoor time (before it gets super muggy and hot, you know). It took me a few minutes and a bit of creativity. My creativity has a limit, believe me. So I searched on Pinterest for some window doodles. You didn’t think I came up with that gorgeous window myself, did you? Copy the drawing onto your cardboard, glue some clothespins and you’ve got a beautiful little craft project. But it’s not done! Go on a hunt for wildflowers and fill the vases with stunning wild colors and floral arrangements.
MORE CARDBOARD IDEAS!
(this list contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! See Full Disclosure)
- Cardboard (old delivery box, shoebox, etc.)
- Colored permanent markers
- Craft knife with cutting mat
- Mini clothespins
- Super glue (make sure not to glue any of your fingers…like me)
Lay a piece of cardboard onto the cutting mat and using the craft knife cut out a square approximately 6″ x 6″. This size makes it easier for toddlers to hold. Next draw a simple window doodle, you don’t have to make it perfect! Next using the super glue, glue the mini clothespins to the “window sill”. Make sure the opening of the clothespins are at the top. Now you’re ready to go on a hunt for wildflowers and fill the vases!
WATCH THIS FUN TODDLER AT PLAY VIDEO!
What is my child learning and improving?
- Creativity (that’s probably #1! Kids are finding a new way to use cardboard and clothespins, what flowers to choose for the vases, etc.)
- Fine motor skills (picking the flowers, securing them into the mini clothespin)
- Hand-eye coordination (yes, even hand-eye coordination. Kids need to place a small wildflower right into the mini clothespin!)
- Gross motor skills (running, walking, bending, searching, picking flowers all improve and exercise the lower part of the body)
CREATE THIS LITTLE CRAFT WITH YOUR KIDS TODAY!