This Felt Dress Up is an easy activity kids are going to love!
Dress up is always fun, but have you ever tried using felt? So soft, colorful and sticks to each other very well that you can hold the dressed up person vertically and they won’t fall off! Awesome!
This literally took me about 10-15 minutes to make, cutting out taking most of that time. I’ve, however, made a lot of clothing pieces, but you can save your self some time and make only a few. This activity is also great because you don’t need many fancy materials. Just some felt in assorted colors, glue, cardboard and marker. It’s funny you can create something so fun with such a short list of materials!
Both of my kids had a go at dressing up the person (or doll). Mixing and matching colors, styles, etc. This activity is wonderful for some quiet independent time or if you want the child to stay a bit busy while you get some stuff done. Keep reading to see how I’ve done this Felt Dress Up activity.
MORE FELT CRAFTS & ACTIVITIES
Materials for felt dress up:
(this list contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! See Full Disclosure)
- Start by cutting a piece of cardboard into a square (approximately 5″x 5″).
- Next, cut a slightly larger piece of gray felt to wrap around the cardboard. Use super glue to tightly secure the felt around the cardboard.
- Now using the permanent marker draw a simple person doodle (I used pinterest to help my creativity).
- Lastly, using the assorted felt cut out all sorts of clothing items (skirts, shorts, dresses, tanks, shirts, blouses, hats) according to the size of the person you drew.
What is my child learning and improving?
- Creativity (picking out the colors of the clothes, styles, mixing and matching the pieces, styling)
- Fine motor skills (picking up the felt clothes)
- Hand-eye coordination (placing the clothing pieces over the correct spot on the person)
TIP- Talk to your child about all the clothing pieces they have in front of them, which ones are they wearing now, which ones go with each season, which color each one is, etc.)