This Dino Wash activity is a low-prep, easy and fun idea for your little ones. Simple, yet, I can vouch for this, kids are going to looovvee it!
My kids are currently obsessed with these little toys dinosaurs Grammy got them. She originally bought them to take to the beach to play with them in sand, but the kids loved them so much they wanted to bring them all inside that first evening. And this was a perfect time to give them a little wash from all the sticky ocean sand 🙂
Once I set-up the activity, the kiddos were at bay quietly washing away their little dinosaurs. This activity kept them busy, happy and surprisingly not too messy!
More water play activities
MATERIALS For dino wash:
(this list contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! See Full Disclosure)
- Lay a towel onto a table and place a large rimmed bin with water on top.
- Fill a large bowl with soap, add water and stir for bubbles to form. Place inside the bin.
- Prep the toothbrushes and dinasaurs.
What is my child learning and improving?
- Fine/small motor skills (holding the dinosaurs, toothbrushes. Using wrists and finger strength to brush the dinos)
- Diligence (yes! You’ll see it in their faces 🙂 They’ll be so concentrated on getting every nook and cranny of the dinosaur)
- Hand-eye coordination (brushing with the toothbrush in correspondence to the eye)
- Independency (this is a great activity to prepare and leave giving the kids some time to themselves, building their own imagination and independency)
Will you do this easy Dino Wash?