Do you want an easy, low prep activity that will keep your little ones busy? Try this Pom-pom Straw Pull!
All you need is some pom-poms, rubberbands, straw and a bowl, that’s it! A couple of minutes for prep and you’ve got a quick, fun activity that will keep kids busy and content for a long time!
I’ve prepped this activity to keep my little ones happy and doing something productive so I could get some cooking done. And it worked! They had lots of fun trying to get all of the pom-poms out using only the straw, no hands, no cheating! It was a big hit and I was happy they were exercising their breathing and learning to hold their breath.
More pom-pom activities:
MATERIALS for Pom-pom straw pull:
(this list contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! See Full Disclosure)
Instructions for Pom-pom straw pull:
- Wrap as many rubberbands as you need around the bowl to create small holes in between.
- Place pom-poms inside the bowl. Prep the straw.
*MAKE SURE THE CHILD IS SEATED AND SUPERVISED WHEN DOING THIS ACTIVITY*
Rules- The child has to use the straw to “suck” the pom-poms out of the bowl one by one.
TIP- You can make the activity as easy or as difficult as you want by choosing the amount of rubberbands. The more, the smaller the holes, the harder it is!
What is my child learning and improving?
- Creativity (didn’t think you could use pom-poms for a fun activity like this, did you? Let’s get creative!)
- Fine motor (holding the straw)
- Hand-eye coordination (choosing and aligning the straw to the pom-poms)
- Holding their breath (the child has to learn to hold their breath to “suck” the pom-poms using the straw)
Make this fun Pom-pom Straw Pull Activity!