This Pipecleaner Fishing is so quick to set-up and kids will have a blast fishing for colors, googley-eyed fish!
I prepared this activity in 5 minutes and the kids (especially my 2 year old) couldn’t wait to get his hands on the fishing pole and start! Once I was done, I layed out all of the fuzzy, colorful fish onto our dining table and he had so much fun using our Melissa & Doug fishing rods! He literally stayed busy for 15-20 minutes!
Of course, he cheated a bit and helped catch on the fish using his other hand, but nonetheless, I saw him working on those fine motor skills, dexterity and hand-eye coordination 🙂 I was so happy he was having so much fun while learning many important skills!
More fun activities for toddlers
MATERIALS for Pipecleaner fishing
(this list contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! See Full Disclosure)
- Cut the pipecleaner into two pieces (for smaller fish).
- Take one of the pipecleaner pieces and bend, twisting the ends together to make a fish.
- Glue on the googley eyes (you can leave out this step if you want)
Lay out the fish and prepare the fishing poles. My son wanted to do it on the table rather than the floor, so he sat at the dining chair to fish- haha.
What is my child learning and improving?
- Hand-eye coordination & dexterity (hold the fishing pole, extending the rope, wrapping it back up, aligning the magnet to the fish)
- Fine motor skills (holding the fishing pole, helping to make the fish for the activity)
- Creativity & imagination (this activity allows kids to use their creativity and imagination, pretend play and even better, incorporate the fishing into dramatic play!)
Make this simple Pipecleaner Fishing Activity today!