This low prep Cotton Round Sprinkled Donuts craft is oh so fun and cute too!
Celebrate the end of summer with these colorful and festive donuts! Trust me, they’re super quick to prep and the kiddos will have a blast using the droppers to color in the sprinkles 🙂
MATERIALS for Cotton round sprinkled donuts:
(this list contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! See Full Disclosure)
- Cotton rounds
- White cardstock
- Permanent markers (assorted colors)
- Washable kids paint
- Cups with water
- Using the permanent markers and white cardstock draw a large donut and color in (optional).
- Next, cut small “sprinkles” out of the cotton rounds using the scissors. Glue the sprinkles onto the donuts.
- Now prepare the watercolors. Into each cup with water add a bit of washable kids paint (make as many colors as you want). Stir the paint well and prepare the droppers.
More watercolor arts:
What is my child learning and improving?
- Improves and strengthens fine motor skills as the child is pinching and releasing the droppers.
- Improves creativity (choosing colors for the sprinkles).
- Great as a quiet, independent activity
TIP- You can easily create other creative ways to use cotton rounds. For my daughter I cut out flower petals, leaves and a stem and we put it together for her to paint!