This Water Beads Number Find is super fun and quick to set-up. We’re talking 1 minute (not including the water bead prep)!
Water Bead Number Find is a type of activity I like the most. Simple, easy, no fancy materials, and kids have a blast. My 3 year old son will totally back me up. He loves the water beads, or anything sensory for that matter. Using tweezers improves those fine motor skills wonderfully as well as hand-eye coordination. And talk about the bright colors!
*Water beads play should be supervised especially with the little ones. They may take them in the mouth so be should you’re confident your child can play safely without eating them.*
MATERIALS for water beads number find:
(this list contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! See Full Disclosure)
- Numbers (anything works; magnets, buttons, notions)
- Water Beads (tweezers included in the one I’ve linked)
- Prep the water beads according to the instructions on the package.
- Place the numbers inside the water beads and hide them a bit and prep the twizzers.
What is my child learning and improving?
- Fine motor skills (pinching the tweezers together, grasping the number, releasing it)
- Hand-eye coordination (grasping those little slippery numbers can be a challenge, but it also works on hand-eye coordination perfectly)
- Creative play (kids can see the various fun ways to play with the water beads)
- Counting (finding numbers, putting them in order, counting, remembering how they look )
TIP- this activity is great for independent play (if your kids are old enough) while kids are searching and picking out their numbers. However, I like to join in when they’re ready to place the numbers in order. I help them count, familiarize and memorize numbers by asking them to repeat after me!
Make this super simple Water beads Number Find today!