Who’s enjoying all the Fall crafts and activities? I’ve got a super quick and easy one to share with you. It’s the Apple Tree Number Match using Dot Stickers!
I can’t begin to describe how quick it was to set up! I think I’ve put this together in less than 5 minutes and I’ve had all the materials right at home, which is always the best!
This activity is great for ages 2-3, but you can choose to match harder numbers such as double digits or random numbers up to 100 for preschoolers. It’s pretty versatile and you can adjust it to your childs’ age. It’s wonderful for number recognition and memorization. I like to always sit down alongside my kids to help them pronounce the numbers with me, because I feel like that’s how they learn better rather than giving them the task and having them work by themselves (which you can totally do with preschoolers or older kids).
More Matching activities for toddlers you might like!
Materials FOR APPLE TREE NUMBER MATCH:
(this list contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! See Full Disclosure)
- Using the green cardstock, cut out a tree and brown cardstock for the tree trunk. Glue onto the white cardstock.
- Now, with the permanent marker randomly write out numbers 1-10 on the tree.
- Lastly, write matching numbers on the dot stickers.
What is my child learning and improving?
- Fine motor skills (peeling away stickers, sticking them onto each letter on the tree)
- Numbers (recognizing, familiarizing and memorizing numbers)
- Cognitive skills (analyzing, thinking, comparing, matching)
- Focus + concentration
MAKE THIS Apple Tree Number MATch today!