This Acorn Art is a super easy and fun craft for toddlers and preschoolers. Perfect for this Fall season as acorns are everywhere!
The kids and I went on our daily walk around the neighborhood and the kids spotted a big Oak tree with lots and lots of acorns. They pretended it was candy and imagined they had a little candy store where one of them was a customer and the other the owner. It was so sweet watching their creativity sparking. Well, I had an idea for those amazing acorns too. So we grabbed a whole bunch and went home to craft on 🙂
This craft is super fun as the kids take a big part in creating the gorgeous designs by shaking the bin! That is the best part!
More painting activities you might like
Materials FOR acorn art:
(this list contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! See Full Disclosure)
- Place a piece of white cardstock inside the bottom of a bin.
- Add small dallops of desired washable kids paint.
- Add that acorns and shake, shake, shake (kids love this part)!
What is my child learning and improving?
- Cognitive skills (following instructions and steps, process art)
- Small/fine motor skills (adding the acorns, shaking the acorns)
- Creativity (my kid was wowed by the results. He didn’t know acorns could create such a fun art piece!)
grab some acorns and make this fun Acorn Art TODAY!