Play-dough is so versatile, fun and great as a sensory play component. And it gets even more fun with an addition of these DIY PLAY-DOUGH STAMPS, which are super easy and exciting to make!
Kids take a huge part in making these stamps by drawing their desired designs, pictures and objects and all the parent does is trace them over with a hot glue gun. Ta-da!
These Diy Play-dough Stamps are awesome for childs’ creativity! Try coming up with several different objects (like car, house, sun, cloud, plane, truck, bus, tree, bush, kite, bird, stop sign, etc.) and stamping them all onto a large piece of play-dough, all in their right spots to create a beautiful, stamped story scene!
More play-dough activities you may enjoy!
Materials FOR DIY PLay-dough stamps:
(this list contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! See Full Disclosure)
- Cut the cardboard into squares (any prefered size, we did about 2″ x 2″).
- Next, allow the child to draw whatever they would like on the cardboard square using the pencil.
- Heat up the hot glue gun and trace with it the drawings the kiddos made. Let cool and dry.
STAMPS ARE READY!
What is my child learning and improving?
- Drawing skills
- Fine motor skills (holding the pencil to draw, holding and stamping the stamps)
- Sensory play (touching, feeling, squishing, pinching the play-dough)
- Creativity (kids can get really creative with their stamps and even create a story out of them and the play-dough!)
- Independency + focus
This activity is wonderful for many areas of childs’ development! I love how it involves a little bit of everything…some fine motor skills here and sensory play there along with creativity and independency!
make these diy play-dough stamps today!