This Painting Acorns activity is a super quick and easy activity anyone can do this Fall! It’s creative and simple at the same time. Acorns are abundantly laying underneath each Oak tree this time of year, so go on an exciting hunt with your kids to collect some!
It doesn’t take any effort to set this activity up, but let me tell you, it will keep the little ones happy and busy for a long time! My kids loved to paint the acorn and the “hat”, as they like to call it, different colors. My daughter (5) got a bit more creative than my son (3), but even he stayed focused and concentrated for some time painting away!
More fall activities and crafts you’ll lovE!
Materials For painting acorns activity:
(this list contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! See Full Disclosure)
- Place the desired colors of washable kids paint onto the paper plate and arrange the paintbrushes along with the acorns.
What is my child learning and improving?
- Fine motor skills (holding the small acorns with fingers, holding the paintbrush to paint)
- Colors (kids are using various colors, blending them and miss-matching color combos)
- Creativity (kids are creating their own color themes, painting the acorn one colors, “hat” another color)
- Independency + focus
- Talk about the different colors available to paint with. What colors are made when two paints are mixed, etc.
- Talk about the acorns and acorn parts. What tree do acorns come from? What it’s inside of one? Open one up to see!
Collect some acorns and do this painting acorns activity!