Create sweet-looking corn using bubble wrap! This Bubble Wrap Corn Craft is perfect as an Autumn craft and is simple enough for even the small kids to follow along. They’ll love the process and the final product!
We did this with the kids and they were stunned that bubble wrap could create prefect-looking corn. My daughter said, “wow, that’s corn!”. She didn’t expect it to look so good!
I’m constantly looking for crafts that’s fun for both a 5 year old and a 3 year old. My son (3) can easily follow instructions but he loses interest quickly so the crafts have to be exciting, with a fun process and fairly short. With this corn craft he stayed interested and focused the whole time and in fact, wanted to finish and make is look pretty with the green color (I thought he’d be playing with something else by that point, but no!). This Bubble Wrap Corn won over all of the crafts we’ve done so far!
more autumn crafts you will love
Materials For Bubble Wrap Corn Craft:
(this list contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! See Full Disclosure)
- Cut the bubble wrap using craft scissors into a “corn” shape, making one end of the bubble wrap round. You can leave the other end straight. This step is for adults and can be done ahead of time.
- Now, let the kids paint the bubble wrap with yellow washable kids paint using the paintbrush.
- Next, flip over the painted bubble wrap onto a white piece of cardstock paper and stamp. Press every corner gently to make sure the paint transfers onto the cardstock. Remove the bubble wrap and voala! You’ve got corn 🙂
- Now using the green washable kids paint, add some long greenery around the sides of the corn.
What is my child learning and improving?
- Following instructions/steps (this craft is simple enough for toddlers to learn to follow instructions and steps improving those important listening skills)
- Fine motor skills (holding the paintbrush, etc.)
- Hand-eye coordination (like with any craft, painting takes hand-eye coordination skills and improves them)
- Creativity (kids may be wowed by the fact that they just made a perfect-looking-corn using…bubble wrap! That’s creative!)
Grab some bubble wrap and make these Autumn corn!