This Velcro Felt Shape Match is a great activity to help toddlers learn shapes as well as colors. It’s also a wonderful activity to give when you want your little ones to stay busy for a bit!
I made this Velcro Felt Shape Match in about 10-15 minutes. So it’s totally doable but does take more than just 2 minutes, unlike a lot of my activities. Nevertheless, it’s so worth it! You’ll only need felt, scissors, hot glue and velcro + cardboard, which makes this activity very inexpensive.
My 3 year old loved this shape match so much! He had a lot of fun and stayed happy and excited the whole time. Meanwhile we talked about the shapes and colors, which helped him familiarize with and remember their names.
More shape activities you’ll enjoy!
Materials For Velcro Felt Shape Match:
(this list contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! See Full Disclosure)
- Using the scissors cut out two matching shapes and as many shapes as you want. The more the better! 🙂
- Next, hot glue the velcro pieces to the felt shapes.
- Lastly, glue one of the matching shapes to a piece of cardboard.
What is my child learning and improving?
- Shapes (visually seeing them, matching them, analyzing them, learning their names)
- Colors (seeing the colors, learning their names)
- Fine motor skills (securing the shapes with the velcro, picking up the shapes using pointer finger and thumb)
- Independency (this activity is great as an independent play idea where kids can focus and concentrate on something specific)
- Cognitive skills (matching activities work wonderfully at improving cognitive skills because they involve analyzing, thinking, matching, comparing, etc.)
MAke this Velcro Felt Shape match today!