This Decorate a Christmas Tree Tray (Invitation to Create) is a super simple way to keep kids busy, happy and learning all at the same time! The prep is so easy you’ll be done in less than 5 minutes. All you need is to cut the Christmas trees out of a piece of cardboard and arrange all of the decorating pieces around onto a tray. What’s awesome about this tray is that you can use leftover glitter, buttons, odd numbers and colors of pom-poms or any last years Christmas supplies you no longer need!
You’ll also love these trays!
Materials for Decorate a Christmas Tree tray (invitation to create):
(this list contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! See Full Disclosure)
- Tray with separations
- Liquid glue
- Craft snow
- Washi tape
- Craft scissors
- Using the craft scissors, cut out a Christmas tree (I just did elongated triangles in various sizes).
- Arrange all of the decorating pieces onto the tray as well as the glue.
Prep is done! Now you’re ready to create beautiful, unique Christmas Trees!
What is my child learning and improving?
- Creativity (kids are choosing patterns, designs, styles, what decorating pieces they want to use, what color schemes they want their tree to be, etc.)
- Fine motor skills (gluing small decorating pieces, shaking the glitter, bending the pipecleaners)
- Hand-eye coordination
- Independence (this activity is an awesome one at keeping kids busy and encourages independence!)
Set up this simple yet fun Decorate a Christmas Tray today!