Have you done an angel craft yet this Christmas? Well, here’s our version of an angel craft using doilies! This Doily Angels craft is really simple to make, involving easy steps that even toddlers could follow.
These Doily Angels are perfect on their own or you can make a beautiful garland using several! Just hot glue mini clothespins to the back of each angel and secure onto a string. Add mini lights weaved around the string and what a nice decoration piece! Or you can hot glue a hair clip to each angel and add to your Christmas tree! 🙂
More Cardboard crafts you’ll enjoy!
MATERIALS needed Doily Angels:
(this list contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! See Full Disclosure)
- Small doilies
- Craft scissors
- Tape or glue stick
- Permanent marker
- Pipecleaner (yellow/gold)
- It’s best to prepare some of the supplies before starting the craft. Here’s what you can do: Cut the cardboard into small triangles (I did a scalloped bottom for the angels dress), cut small circles out of the cardboard for the head, cut the doilies into triangles for the wings and lastly set the tape/glue stick, kids-safe scissors and pipecleaner.
- Glue/tape the wings to the back of the triangle as well as the head.
- Add small arms using cut up doily.
- Create a halo out of a small piece of yellow/gold pipecleaner and tape to the back of the head.
- Using the permanent marker, draw a face for the angel.
What is my child learning and improving?
- Fine motor skills (gluing, taping, cutting, bending the pipecleaner into a halo)
- Hand-eye coordination
TIP- This craft is a wonderful time to talk to your child about Christmas and the angels part in this beautiful celebration!
Make these lovely Doily Angels this Christmas!