This Pom-Pom Stamped Winter Tree is a simple and fun craft idea for any age! Kids will love this unique way to paint, using a pom-pom!
Pom-pom paintbrush creates a beautiful, fluffy-looking edge making this winter tree cozy in snow. In addition to this being a fantastic idea to bust any winter boredom, the set-up is minimal as well. It will take you 2 minutes the most to set up this craft! Isn’t that convenient? 🙂
More winter crafts your kids will love!
Materials for Pom-Pom Stamped Winter Tree:
(this list contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you!)
- Light blue cardstock
- Pom-poms (large)
- White washable kids paint
- Black permanent marker
- Paper plate
- Craft snow (optional)
- First, using the permanent marker draw a tree trunk with branches on the light blue cardstock.
- Next prepare the paint by placing a dollop of white washable kids paint onto a paper plate. Also, make the
“painting tool” by pinching the pom-pom into the clothespin.
Optional (but so beautiful!): when the child has painted the tree, sprinkle the paint while it’s still wet with some sparkling craft snow!
What is my child learning and improving?
- Fine motor skills (holding the clothespin and stamping the pom-pom with paint)
- Hand-eye coordination (painting with pom-pom onto the branches)
- Seasons (this is a wonderful time to talk to your child about seasons, winter and why do trees become bare. Talk about snow and what it’s made of, make it fun and exciting! I love incorporating some type of learning into the simplest crafts and activities I do with my kids!)
Make this fun Pom-Pom Stamped Winter Tree craft today!