All activities should be supervised by an adult. This post contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! Read our disclosure policy here.
This Flower Petal Art is an easy craft idea that uses flower petals to combine sensories and creativity!
Either you have a few extra flower stems to spare or if your bouquet is about to wither, use the petals from the flowers for this fun activity. Any flower works great. The more variety of flowers, the more creative kids can get with this flower art.
To set up this craft, you’ll need flower petals, cardboard and a few basic craft supplies. Check out the material list below!
RELATED: Flower Tea Party Play
Materials for Flower Petal Art:
- Using the craft knife and mat, cut a rectangle out of your cardboard. Make it big enough to have plenty of room for kids art.
- Once the cardboard is cut, draw flower stems and centers using the crayons. I drew 5 stems, but you can draw as many as you can fit, leaving about an 1.5″ in between the stems.
- Place the petals into a bowl and set besides the cardboard along with a glue stick.
Once you’ve done the prep, let the kids glue on the petals to the stems. You’ll be surprised at how busy and concentrated they stay!
What is my child learning and improving?
- Fine motor skills (picking up the petals and gluing them onto the cardboard, holding the glue stick)
- Hand-eye coordination (using the glue stick, placing the petals into the right spots)
- Focus and concentration
- Independence (this activity is great to build independence in the very young. They’ll feel so proud of themselves with the final art piece!)
- Sensory (feeling the sticky glue, feeling the soft flower petals)
More recycled crafts you might enjoy!
Do you save paper rolls? Try this Paper Roll Telescopes craft!
Easy Crinkle Paper Soup sensory activity!