All activities should be supervised by an adult. This post contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! Read our disclosure policy here.
This Collage House Craft is a fun way to use up those old pieces of scrap paper!
It’s also an easy recycled idea, because the houses are cut out from a piece of cardboard and look super cute! For the scrap paper, literally use what you have. You’ll be surprised how different patterns and designs come together and create something so unique and beautiful at the same time!
This Collage House Craft is also an excellent craft idea for the very little ones. The directions are really easy to follow and there’s no right or wrong way of doing this craft. Reminds me of process art a bit because the end product doesn’t matter. In a way it does, of course, but the process itself is where the development is happening. Picking up the pieces of paper, matching up the edges, gluing and decorating the house! It’s super fun, give this craft a try!
RELATED: Scrap Paper Christmas Tree Cards
materials for Collage House Craft:
- Patterned paper for scrap-booking (here, here, here)
- Glue stick
- White or gray cardstock
- Craft scissors
- Begin by cutting up the scrap-book paper into about 1 inch pieces. You can keep them all squares or irregular like we did.
- Next, using the craft scissors, cut out a simple house from the cardboard.
Let the kids use the glue stick and glue the pieces of scrap paper all over a piece of white or gray cardstock. Next, glue the house and decorate using markers.
More simple crafts for toddlers
Make these Cherry Blossoms using tissue paper!
This Bubble Wrap Rainbow Craft is super fun to make too!
what is my child learning and improving?
- Following directions
- Staying independent and focused
- Fine motor skills (picking up the pieces of scrap paper, gluing them, gluing and decorating the house)